Wednesday 6 May 2015

Baked oven eggs with asparagus, broccoli and squash

My cooker hood ventilator is broken. I broke it myself by cleaning too eagerly. One of the Feng Shui mishaps

Every week a local farm brings me eggs and as I don’t use a frying pan at all since breaking the ventilator, I have loads and loads of eggs.

Here’s what I decided to do to rid myself of them: Baked eggs with vegetables.


Just as I was starting the door bell rang. 

It was my friend and neighbour who brought me a lovely present: Truffle oil! And not just any truffle oil, but organic white truffle oil.

What you need











Garlic

Spring onions

(red) onions

Broccoli

Mushrooms

Asparagus

Squash

Many eggs 4, 8 or 12

Cream

Grated cheese

Fresh thyme and parsley

Chives

Black pepper

Turmeric powder (there are new benefits found!)

Salt

Olive oil

Organic white truffle oil from friend


How to do it

Use an oven-proof baking dish, or two. Sprinkle olive oil over crushed garlic and chopped onions and mushrooms. Place in 175 C oven and start chopping the squash and broccoli.

Once it looks like this:




Remove the baking dish, crack a few eggs in a big glass, add some cream and all spices. Mix, and pour on top of the warm mushrooms and onions. Then place the veggies elegantly / creatively on top of the egg-mix.



Put the baking dish/dishes back into the oven.













Now your kitchen may look like this (no photo-shopping):


But do not worry (and keep the left-over vegetable pieces for a nice next-day soup).

-------next day update:
For this version I used asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, one half-shrunk apple, onions and garlic. Some spice and left-over cream. Topped with asparagus tops and a squirt of lemon juice:



 ---- end of next day-update.


Remove dish from oven and crack more eggs directly in a sunny-side up fashion. A little before the eggs are of the consistence of your taste; add grated cheese, chopped spring onion stalks and thyme.



Decorate with cut fresh onion stalks, chives and parsley

Pour a minuscule amount of truffle oil on top and enjoy!





Tomorrow I will make a pancake with many eggs. And I will have smelly pee. And then more eggs are coming…phew!



Important PS. I don't feed my family with healthy vegetables only. Sometimes we revert to this:



..or we order pizza.









No comments:

Post a Comment