Thursday 16 April 2015

Robert the Serious Siamese reports further on Ingress

by Robert the Serious Siamese








I must report something rather alarming going on in my neighbourhood.

I told you about the Ingress game my Human mother and my Human child started to play.

The teams are divided into greens (the Frogs) and blues (the Smurfs). Both groups communicate within their communities in closed forums, making strategies for the future and sharing tips and tricks.

A Smurf Lady mentioned in one of these forums that her cat eats frogs, just like my Brother Jacob does. 

Or to be precise, Jacob doesn't actually eat the frogs, he just brings them home as a trophy, to our Human mother's delight.

Anyway, a few days after this lady had mentioned her frog-eating cat, signs of missing cats popped up in the area where I live: 




Is this just a coincidence? 

I don't think so. I mean, they do claim it is not just a game.

I fear for my brother. Up until now, only Gargamel's cat Azrael was known to chase Smurfs. 



Now my species must fear attacks from both sides of Ingress players!

I hereby hope to reach out to a bigger audience through this blog: If you have a frog-eating/killing cat, do keep an eye on him/her. And if you spot any of the above missing cats, please report back as soon as possible according to the instructions.

The underlying problem may very well be that once a player reaches the higher levels, there is less challenge and more routine hard-work. 

This is how most games are designed; in the beginning you level up quickly and you are constantly rewarded. This is done to maintain the interest and in psychology it is called "positive reinforcement"

Once you are hooked, there is less immediate reward as you are expected to go on just out of habit.

These very same tactics are used in the training of animals, children and employees. 

I will be back soon with some ideas to keep the gamer's happy and away from my precious species. 

In the meantime: Should you spot a cat that does not seem to belong, do call the local stray animal center (or don't -depending on where you live...). 

In Basel, you can safely call 061-378 78 10 (= number to

"Tierfundbüro des Tierschutz beider Basel"). 

Thank you.


-Robert the Serious Siamese



2 comments:

  1. Dear Robert, don't worry. Your species does not have to fear the smurfs. Azrael is cursed and we, the smurfs are well aware of it. So no need to fear the smurfs Robert. But hey you should think about joining your brother Jacob and hunt some frogs.
    Maybe you could even teach him to eat the frogs insted of using them as a trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and understanding, Sir. Frogs just taste really bad. But we shall try our best, my brother Jacob and I. -Robert.

    ReplyDelete